Avocado Recipe and Egg Salad
Alright! So there are a delicious, tempting and one of my favourite recipes. That is a mashed avocado salad with boiled eggs and no use of mayonnaise. This is so healthy and full of flavours.
I kept these low calories’ by only using eggs and Greek yoghurt and avoid mayo and the combo of mashed avocado, Dijon mustard and some green onions, celery! Total lusciousness.
The shelf life of this egg white avocado recipe is about 3 days in the fridge but you have to make sure that you cover it with plastic wrap that avoids mashed potato turned brown. But the use of lemon juice increases the shelf life so add few drops in it.
INGREDIENTS FOR AVOCADO RECIPE EGG SALAD
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 finely chopped celery
- ½ Tsp. paprika
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tsp. pepper
- In a bowl, crush avocados and add Greek yoghurt, mustard and lemon juice, mixing until fluffy.
- Now add celery, paprika, green onions, salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Start chopping eggs, and mix into the avocado mixture until totally united.
- serve on whole wheat bread with fresh roquette….. enjoy!
Serving Size: ¾ cup: Calories: 154, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Fat: 8.9 g, Carbs: 6.9 g, Protein: 12.1 g, Fibre: 4 g, Sugar: 1.6 g, WW Points+: 4, Smart Points: 4
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER RECIPES: SWEET AND SPICY MEATBALLS