Cream Puff with Pastry Cream filling &Whipped cream
For cream puff
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
For pastry cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 500 ml milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 40 g butter
For whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 300 ml whipping cream
- Combine the water, butter, salt and sugar now solve in medium to low heat. We can let these two rolling boils than adding flour all at once.
- Now turn off the heat first, and give it a mix for about a minute and now turn back the heat. Cream butter is ready when it started to firm at the bottom, it will take about 1 to 2 minutes for this to fully cook.
- You just gonna transfer this into a bowl and let it cool slightly.
- Now add eggs one at a time, make sure that eggs are at room temperature then it will be easy to mix.
- Now when the first added in the egg the dough will split into pieces that continue mixing, then it will slowly come back together, once it comes back together this is a sign to add another egg.
- Preheat your oven 190 degree Celsius.
- Now pour the batter into a piping bag and attach your baking tray with butter paper.
- Now piping the cream about 1 inch each, now use your finger dip in water to flatten the peaks, and brush egg wash over it.
- Bake the cream puffs until golden brown or 30 to 35 minutes. Once they have done let them cool.
- Meanwhile, pour milk into the deep skillet medium to low heat, in a separate bowl combine egg yolks and sugar give them a mix until the sugar properly dissolve than add flour and mix it.
- Now you can see the bubble started to form on the side of the pan, this is ready n need to boil the milk, now add half of the milk into the egg yolk mixture while whisking continuously.
- add the yolk mixture into the other half of the milk.
- Now back to the stove, set heat medium to slow and continue to mix it until it thickens not at this point add vanilla extract and butter.
- Immediately transfer the mixture into the bowl to cool down and cover it with cling film.
- Now in the bowl add whipping cream and sugar and vanilla all we need to beat it until it reaches the consistency.
- Cut the cream puffs in half’s, place the whipping cream and pastry cream into a piping bag but you can also use a spoon.
- Put the pastry cream first then at the top of that whipping cream
- Sprinkle icing sugar over it chill and enjoy…!