Eid Special Mutton Balochi Karahi
Here we go another traditional recipe of Balochi karahi. Balochi karahi is a famous dish of highway restaurants of the province of Baluchistan.
This is a special mutton recipe and served all over the world. As we all know Pakistani love to eat karahi and there are various types of karahis. But people who do not like mutton can make it with beef and chicken.
This is so easy and have a unique flavor and will spice up your Eid.
- ½ kg mutton
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp almond powder
- 6-8 green chilies
- 1 tbsp cashew powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a cooking pot, over a low flame, add oil, mutton, and salt, and let the meat fry for about 7-8 minutes. It will remove the water in mutton and give it a light brown color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, sliced onion, tomatoes, almond and cashew powder and black cardamom, cinnamon stick, and green cardamom.
- Add coriander seeds, red chili flakes, black pepper powder and mix the well and cook those 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup water (water depends on the size of meat) now cover the cooking pot and let it cook for about 45 minutes over low flame.
- Add green chilies and cook them for more 5 to 10 minutes until the oil appears on the top.
- Now sprinkle coriander leaves on the top and serve with naan or roti and enjoy….!