Fresh homemade pasta strips
Nothing beats fresh pasta and this simple recipe is the best thing ever.
You can use this recipe to make any style of pasta you like, fettuccini, ravioli and lasagna.
Semolina is a special variety of wheat flour available in every store.
Let’s begin this recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR FRESH HOMEMADE PASTA STRIPS
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semolina
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- Sift together all dry ingredients into a large bowl or on a clean surface.
- Use a fork to make a deep well right into the centre, crack large eggs in a bowl pour them into a well add olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs and oil gently with a fork and began to incorporate the flour mixture from the side of the wall. When you find the mixture is too thick to mix it with fork use your hand to knead.
- Dust your surface area with semolina flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Use your palms to knead the dough. Knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes until soft and smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for about half an hour at room temperature.
- Now divide the dough into equal parts. The small piece at a time rolls it out from pasta machine or rolling pin to the required thickness.
- Dust with semolina flour as needed. Cut the pasta into your favourite shape with the machine or with a sharp knife.
- Dry it out for later use or can use or cook it right away with your favourite filling and enjoy…!