Homemade burger buns
homemade burger buns
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 57g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • 180 ml water room temperature
- • 2 large eggs
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 400 g flour
- • 2 packets active yeast
- • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- • 2 tsp salt
- • 1 whole egg wash
- • Sesame seeds
- 1. Combine flour, sugar and active yeast
- 2. Meanwhile mix together water eggs and oil, pour the liquid into the mixer bowl first and add the flour mixture.
- 3. Mix until combined on low speed for about 2 minutes. Scrap the sides and bottom o the mixing bowl and mix 5 minutes more on medium speeds
- 4. Keep mixing until the bottom of the bowl comes clean and the dough begins to have a smooth feeling.
- 5. Add salt and keep the mixture running for about 3 minutes on medium speed.
- 6. Make a smooth ball, no flour needed.
- 7. Place the dough into the Greased bowl and cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise until double in size, it will take an hour.
- 8. After dough has risen, divide the dough into 2.5 oz portions, yet no flour needed.
- 9. Forming smooth and shapely dough rounds is one of the most important steps, it accomplishes two things: it stretches the thin sheet of gluten on the outside or the round to form an attractive spherical shape for the loaf, buns or rolls and it begins the gluten strands into the dough.
- 10. The goal is to make smooth, soft and round balls. Let them relax for 15 minutes and cover them with plastic wrap.
- 11. After resting time dust some flour, reshape balls to give them more strength and place 5 buns per baking tray lined with a silicone baking mat.
- 12. You can also use greased muffin rings or plastic ring. Let rise for about an hour until triple in size.
- 13. Meanwhile, blend 1 whole egg and or egg wash.
- 14. Brush buns with egg wash, sprinkle sesame seed.
- 15. Bake at 220 degrees C preheated the oven for about 14 to 15 minutes or until golden brown colour. Enjoy…!
Spoons of Spice https://www.spoonsofspice.com/