Easy 15 Minute Juicy Lo Mien
Here we go! We are in Chinese kitchen and all set to make juicy LO MEIN just in 15 minutes. Lo mein is a Chinese dish with wheat flour noodles. It generally contains some kind of meat, beef, chicken, turkey, and shrimps and with the combination of vegetables, you can also make this only with vegetables etc broccoli, carrots, spinach, onions and peas, all depends on what you like or what you prefer.
Above that you all need is best soy sauce for lo mein. There are two types of soy sauce in your kitchen. Basic thing is to understand the trick. The trick is not very big but literally, sometimes tiny things make big differences. Dark soy sauce is so rich that’s why quantity is very important to make the sauce. Literally, there are only three ingredients required for making a sauce for lo mein. This two soy sauce combo is mind-blowing.
You can use lo mein specific noodles for this recipe if you find fresh in your near Glossary shop but if you don’t find it you can use spaghetti as well.
INGREDIENTS FOR JUICY LO MIEN
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- sugar 1 tsp
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For Lo Mein
- 4-6 ounces uncooked lo mein or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 spring onions,
- 2-3 cups chopped vegetables like carrots, capsicum, cabbage, mushrooms, or broccoli
- Mix all ingredients of sauce in a jar
- Meanwhile, boil the noodles according to the direction written on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan, add the spring onions and vegetables in the hot pan, cook it about 5 minutes. Add the cooked noodles and about half of the sauce – toss it. Add more sauce if needed
- Topped with remaining green onions. Enjoy…!
Calories: 247, total fat 11.1g, sodium 1249.9mg, Cholesterol 0g, Total Carbohydrate 29.9g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 87%