How to make mozzarella cheese at home
- 1 gallon of milk
- Half cup of water
- 6 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp rennet
- 1 ½ tsp citric acid
- Some ice
- First of all, we dissolve citric acid into the water at room temperature.
- In another container pour rennet in one-quarter cup of water at room temperature too.
- Put the milk in the stainless steel pot, slowly add the citric acid and mix slowly for about 1 minute.
- Keep the pot over medium flame.
- Mix the milk slowly until the milk reaches nearly 327 degree Celsius.
- Remove it from the heat, slowly add the rennet mixing softly for 30 seconds.
- Cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the milk curd set, cut the curds with stainless steel spoon into long strips.
- Then cut into perpendicular directions to form a square.
- Put it on the flame again and heating it until it reaches to 105 F. Moving slowly not to break up the curds.
- The curds began lumping together and separating from the whey.
- Remove it from the heat and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Level up the curds and press softly with the spoon to strain excess liquid.
- Put the curd in the stainless steel strainer.
- Keep the whey on heat until it reaches 180 degree Celsius, add salt and mix for 30 seconds.
- Put the strainer with curd inside the hot whey so the curd also merged in it, continue heating slowly until the curd reaches the temperature 54 degree Celsius.
- When you reach the temperature, remove the strainer from the liquid immediately.
- Grab the cheese with gloves and stretch fold in half and stretch again.
- Shape the cheese into a ball, and rest it in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- And enjoy…..