Now a day’s everyone is talking about momos. Even I love this dish. This is unique and different and can make your party stylish. So everyone should try this and invite your friends and serve this dish they will definitely become your cooking fan. Trust me!
Momo is a south Indian dish and everyone talks about this Tibetan dish, but in Tibet is considered a family meal, and have a special place on the dining table.
Momo has three main parts and every part is important. First and foremost is the dough. If you make perfect dough this will your half achievement. The second thing is filling. This is all about what you like, chicken, turkey, beef, vegetables anything you want. The third thing is the steaming.
To make the perfect shape of the momos is something needs more practice. This is like you are a little kid and someone gives you a play dough and you can make different shapes whatever you want. Momos are coming in different shapes so you can use you an imaginary power to make it.
INGREDIENTS FOR MOMOS RECIPE
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp salt
- Water for kneading
For veggie filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated cabbage
- ½ vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For meat filling:
- half kg ground chicken (beef, turkey, lamb)
- 4 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp oil
- Mix all flour, salt and baking powder and knead with water and make a soft dough
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion garlic and stir fry it, add carrot, cabbage, salt and pepper and sauté over low heat.
- Now add vinegar and soy sauce and cook it for about 2 minutes
- for the meat, filling mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate it for about 1 hour.
- Now divide the dough into equal pieces and make round balls roll it
- fill them with your favourite fillings
- Make the shape as you can see in the video or the shape what you like
- Now steam the momos for about 10 minutes and serve with chilli sauce or soy sauce. Enjoy……!
serving: 1 piece, Calories 40, Total Fat: 2 g, Potassium: 40 mg, Total carbs: 6 g, cholestrol: 0 mg,