Perfect red velvet cupcakes
- 235g self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 250g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 270g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of buttermilk
- 1 tsp of red colour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp bicarb soda
- 5 tsp cider vinegar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 240 g cream cheese
- 840g icing sugar
- Put self-rising flour into your mixing bowl, cocoa powder, caster sugar and salt and shuffle them all to sift together.
- Now put butter and eggs into the mixing bowl and mix them, start on low speed and click on medium speed, mix about 2 minutes.
- In milk add red colour give them a nice mix now add vanilla extract and mix it too.
- Let the mixer going on, at minimum speed and pour all wet stuff into it. Turn it o high speed and Mix it for about 20 seconds.
- Now turn it on minimum speed, now add bicarb soda into vinegar, it brings bubble over it shuffle and pours it into the mixing bowl.
- Little high up the speed but not too much. Stop the machine and mix it with a spatula. The batter is ready.
- Now fill cupcakes tin with this batter and pop it in the oven 170 degrees C for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put butter into the mixer, and cream cheese, and mix them medium to high speed for about 30 seconds.
- Now add icing sugar into two parts and mix them properly, start from low speed and speed up medium to high for about 2 minutes
- Once your cupcakes cool down, pour buttercream into a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes with it.
- Sprinkle some colourful little hearts over it and enjoy…..!