Rustic Winter Dessert – Apple Trifle recipe
This is so easy and yummy recipe. You can make it in just a few minutes. This is a basic recipe you can add any flavour of your choice like caramel, chocolate. Even any fruit like bananas, cherries, berries etc. There is no any hard and fast rules, the choice is always yours.
- 2 large apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup gingerbread cookies
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- The first step to peel the apples and makes 4 portions and cut into small chunks.
- Get a skillet and transfer all the chunks into it, add sugar and water.
- Let it cook on medium heat until tender and starting to turn mushy it will take about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take a potato masher and make like a chunky applesauce.
- It is often made with breadcrumbs with butter sugar and cinnamon, but we are using gingerbread cookies.
- Using plastic bag crush the cookies depending on how much you want in the dish. It’s better to make some bigger chunks.
- In a pan add some butter and let it melt and pour the crumbs into it. You can also add some crunch or flavour if you want.
- Cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Now transfer the cream to a bowl and whipped the cream until smooth and fluffy.
- You can use a wine glass or a big dish for serving.
- In a wine glass arrange the thing into layers, apple chunk sauce, cookies, pipe whipped cream for better presentation.
- In between the layer you can sprinkle some cinnamon for flavour.
- Make 3 three layers top with whipped cream sprinkle some crush cookies, chill before serving.